Chrissy Teigen and her hot hubby cooked up a cute little baby boy this week — welcome Miles Theodore Stephens, little brother to 2-year-old Luna Simone.
But did you know Chrissy actually has a third child? It’s true, the former model and host of Lip Sync Battle jokingly admits that her “first love” is this delicious and SO easy-to-make recipe for Chipotle Honey Chicken with Mango Salsa from her cookbook, Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat!
BTW, you can help support Frolic by ordering the cookbook here. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
When you make it, be sure to tag us on Instagram @onfrolic and rate the recipe!
1.5 (7oz) cans chipotle chiles in adobo
1.5 cups of your fave BBQ sauce
½ cup (packed) light brown sugar
¼ cup bourbon or whiskey
20 cloves garlic
juice of 1 lime
4 large bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
4 bone-in, skin-on chicken drumsticks
3-4 tbsp honey
1 large, firm mango, pitted and finely diced
½ firm avocado, diced
3 tbsp diced red onion
¼ c (loosely packed) cilantro leaves
grated zest of ½ lime
1. In a blender or food processor, combine the chipotles, bbq sauce, brown sugar, bourbon, garlic, and lime juice and process until smooth, about 30 seconds
2. Season chicken generously with salt and pepper
3. Add marinade and chicken into ziplock bag and refrigerate for 2-24 hours
4. Preheat oven to 375F.
5. Remove chicken from marinade and transfer to foil-lined baking sheet.
6. Bake 35 minutes.
7. Remove the chicken from the oven, baste with remaining chipotle sauce and drizzle with honey
8. Bake an additional 10-15 minutes
9. Meanwhile, make the mango salsa by tossing the ingredients in a bowl and seasoning to taste.
10. Serve the chicken with the salsa.